Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Roxana 4 posts 24 karma points
    Sep 29, 2011 @ 10:37
    Roxana

weird error after url renaming

Hi,

2 weeks ago i asked the system administrator to re-name the url for Umbraco on the server.

Ever since then i get a few problems

1) both urls still work ( so the old one works and the new one works too but often gives errors)

2) everytime i try to delete a page it says "error handling action, couldn't fulfill request" ( not sure why the error is in dutch, since the installation is in english)

3) if i publish a page ( after of course saving it) it gives an error which goes something like" A server error has occured/. Runtime error" and then it describes where i can go to edit that i can add information myself as to what kind of error that is. ( so basically i have no idea, and none of the more computer skilled people around me know or understand what error that would be)

I believe that all this mess happened because of the re-naming of the url of the site ( i also believe that the system administrator didnt really re-name it, but must have done something else). But nevertheless i cant get out of this, and i wonder if anyone has any ideas to what i could do next.

• Rahulk 24 posts 54 karma points
    Nov 24, 2014 @ 11:45
    Rahulk

Hi,

I have been facing an issue in renaming my parent node name. That is I have a parent node “Parent” under this parent node I have had number of child nodes like child1. Child2, child3....etc. Child node have contained template(ie. URL), but parent node have no url. I am renaming my parent node name in the last day after this while browsing child node it shows 404 error. My umbraco vertion 4.7.1.1. Anybody please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft