Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fredrik Rofors 4 posts 23 karma points
    Sep 29, 2011 @ 15:15
    Fredrik Rofors

Umbraco 4.7.0 WebDeploy package and System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll, version 4.0.0.1?

I've installed Umbraco 4.7.0 locally using the "Umbraco_4.7.0_WebDeploy_NET_4.0" package. 

In the bin folder I find System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll version=4.0.0.1. 
    My Umbraco Visual Studio project is using EntityFramework code-only to persist data to a SQL Server CE 4.0 database. Follwing NuGet packages are beeing used: 
    * EntiryFramework (version 4.1.10715.0)
    * SqlServerCompact (version 4.0.8482.1)
    The SqlServerCompact NuGet package includes System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll version=4.0.0.0, so that's where my problem lies. Since my project is referencing a different version of the System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll my code breaks at runtime.
    Deploying the 4.0.0.0 version of the System.Data.SqlServerCe assembly to the GAC is not an option for me since I do not own the server the application is hosted on (works well locally on my machine though). 
    So the questions are:
    1) What is the version 4.0.0.1 that the Umbraco 4.7.0 WebDeploy includes (have not found it any of the Microsoft EntityFramework releases)? 
    2) Can my problem be solved without invoving the GAC? 

• Fredrik Rofors 4 posts 23 karma points
    Dec 15, 2011 @ 08:22
    Fredrik Rofors

After doing some further research I found this blog article which explains what the 4.0.0.1 version of the System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll is: 
    http://erikej.blogspot.com/2011/02/using-sql-server-compact-40-with.html 

So, if you want to use SQL Server CE in your Umbraco project, don't take a dependency using the NuGet SqlServerCompact package, but rather 
    add a reference to the System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll that is shipped with Umbraco. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft