Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sherry Ann Hernandez 320 posts 344 karma points
    Oct 12, 2011 @ 09:57
    Sherry Ann Hernandez

getting sitemap provider error and other errors in the umbraco logs

Does anybody have an idea why i'm having this errors in the umbraco logs?

1. At /nl/hotel/dubai-hotel-florida-international/ (Referred by: ): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.     at ASP.masterpages_florahotel_master_master.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs ea)     at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) -> This is not a correct url and I rewrite it using umbraco alias to /nl/dubai-hotel-florida-international but still m getting an error.

2. Error adding to SiteMapProvider: System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): '

http://www.florahospitality.com/de/hotel/dubai-florida-hotel/dubai-florida-facilities/'
    is not a valid virtual path. at
    System.Web.Util.UrlPath.CheckValidVirtualPath(String path) at
    System.Web.Util.UrlPath.Combine(String appPath, String basepath, String
    relative) at System.Web.StaticSiteMapProvider.AddNode(SiteMapNode node,
    SiteMapNode parentNode) at
    umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProvider.loadNodes(String
    parentId, SiteMapNode parentNode) -> Again it is not using the umbracoUrlAlias that I set.

3. Domain already exists in list (www.florahospitality.com/en) -> no idea where is this coming from.

• Greg Berlin 818 posts 634 karma points
    Mar 26, 2012 @ 05:20
    Greg Berlin

Same issue.. did you ever find a fix for it?

• Sherry Ann Hernandez 320 posts 344 karma points
    Apr 04, 2012 @ 07:34
    Sherry Ann Hernandez

Nope. Still getting the same error.

• Stefan van Leusden 21 posts 73 karma points
    Jul 02, 2012 @ 15:49
    Stefan van Leusden

Same issue as nr 2. Can't seem to find a fix for it.. Every page is getting this error in the log.

Error adding to SiteMapProvider in loadNodes(): System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): 'http://urlhere.com' is not a valid virtual path.
       at System.Web.Util.UrlPath.CheckValidVirtualPath(String path)
       at System.Web.Util.UrlPath.Combine(String appPath, String basepath, String relative)
       at System.Web.StaticSiteMapProvider.AddNode(SiteMapNode node, SiteMapNode parentNode)
       at umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProvider.loadNodes(String parentId, SiteMapNode parentNode)

• Giorgos Grispos 145 posts 179 karma points
    Jul 13, 2012 @ 09:09
    Giorgos Grispos

Same errors for me either.

I have a multi language site (one installation, 6 sites), hostnames set up correctly, nodes have different names so no conflicts on that, everything is working almost fine.

Error adding to SiteMapProvider in loadNodes(): System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): 'domain.com/path' is not a valid virtual path.
    at System.Web.Util.UrlPath.CheckValidVirtualPath(String path) at System.Web.Util.UrlPath.Combine(String appPath, String basepath, String relative)
    at System.Web.StaticSiteMapProvider.AddNode(SiteMapNode node, SiteMapNode parentNode) 
    at umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProvider.loadNodes(String parentId, SiteMapNode parentNode)

I noticed these errors similar to Stefan coming all the time as well as high cpu usage for the website process. I am a bit anxious about that.

Any ideas on that?

Giorgos

Jul 13, 2012 @ 09:34
    Stefan van Leusden

Well I 've commented the code in the web.config, since I found out it wasn't used in the project. No more errors for me.

<siteMap defaultProvider="UmbracoSiteMapProvider" enabled="true">
          <providers>
            <clear />
            <add name="UmbracoSiteMapProvider" type="umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProvider" defaultDescriptionAlias="description" securityTrimmingEnabled="true" />
          </providers>
        </siteMap>

• Giorgos Grispos 145 posts 179 karma points
    Jul 13, 2012 @ 12:48
    Giorgos Grispos

Stefan,

I tried that also and it seems the errors have stopped for me too. The thing is that piece of thing should be doing something isn't it?

Any ideas if we're missing some functionalit or what it does actually?

Cheers, Giorgos

Jul 15, 2012 @ 22:26
    Stefan van Leusden

Hi Giorgos,

Glad to hear that the errors stopped, but can't really find any info on the UmbracoSiteMapProvider via the forum/google.

Maybe this will help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.staticsitemapprovider.aspx

If I find any more info your the first one to know!

Greetz, Stefan

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    Jan 07, 2013 @ 11:55
    Dan Evans

If the sitemap provider section is not needed then why is it still in the default web.config and what exactly is umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProvider for?

I am trying to locate the source of a problem whereby occasionally a document and its children will disappear from the front end website even though they are published in the bsckend. The only errors I can find in the logs relate to the sitemapprovider. 

• Mikael Syska 24 posts 91 karma points
    Dec 12, 2013 @ 10:54
    Mikael Syska

Any additional information on this one?

• Dalvin Tavarez 3 posts 73 karma points
    Sep 14, 2015 @ 15:55
    Dalvin Tavarez

Hi,

What happens is that when umbraco create a node save the url to de sitemap and this property must be unique , which means that there is another node with the same url , you have to check that no other node with this url exits and this is because in the tree navigation in the section content should be another node with the same url , just create everything inside the home node that you create at the beginning.

This will solve your problem.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft