Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tara 20 posts 40 karma points
    Oct 12, 2011 @ 21:42
    Tara

Does access.config update require application pool recycle? Load balanced environment.

We have set up our site in a load balanced environemt and publishing is working correctly and updating on all servers but when setting public access permissions on a folder (which updates the access.config file) these chagnes are not taking effect on the other servers until the application pool is recycled. The access.config file is replicated between the servers.

Does anyone have a solution to automate setting access permissions accross servers? 

Thanks

• Markus 33 posts 58 karma points
    Jul 30, 2012 @ 11:27
    Markus

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I couldn't find a way to have the other load-balanced nodes reload access.config after modification.

• Tara 20 posts 40 karma points
    Jul 31, 2012 @ 10:39
    Tara

Sorry no we didn't find a solution. I did read about the ability to programatically re-cycle the application pool but we did not persue that any further.

• Markus 33 posts 58 karma points
    Sep 17, 2012 @ 21:38
    Markus

Here's the issue on Umbraco's issue tracker: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-459

• Pushpendra Singh 61 posts 116 karma points
    Jun 14, 2014 @ 12:27
    Pushpendra Singh

Hi Tara/Markus,

This issue has been fixed in v7.1.0 is there any fix for v4.11.8? i am facing the same problem.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft