Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew 16 posts 36 karma points
    Nov 06, 2011 @ 22:23
    Matthew

Expose prevalue editing to select users?

Hi,

I've recieved a request to allow a group of users (i.e. without admin access) to be able to add and edit certian drop downs (e.g. prevalue-based datatypes, like dropdown list and color picker), but they are not able to do anything else in the Developer section (and they shouldn't be able to change the data type's name or render control). I'd want to be abel to select which data types they can do this with.

Has anyone had experience with such a request, or know of a package that accomodates this? At this point, I'd tackle it by adding a custom section (umbracoApp) and giving the user access to that, and writing my own control to manage the edits/add/etc., but that seems like a lot of rework (i.e. rewriting the editor from the developer section).

After trying to research packages, I couldn't find much documentation on how to write a custom (highly involved) package, so wanted to try the forums first in case this (or something similiar) had already been done.

Thanks, Matthew

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Nov 07, 2011 @ 00:14
    Tom Fulton

Hi Matthew,

You should start by checking out the Dashboard PreValue Editor package by Darren Ferguson.  I think it should do most of what you want OOTB, and the source is available if you do end up needing to write your own package.  I think you can restrict roles to each dashboard in the dashboard.config file also.

Hope this helps,
    Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft