Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Najro 12 posts 32 karma points
    Nov 17, 2011 @ 09:06
    Najro

Cannot create users, user types or pages after server deployment

After deploying Umbraco 4.7.0 to server I am no longer able to create users, user types or new pages.

When trying to create users or user types nothing happens.

When trying to create a new page I get this YOD:

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'id', table 'umbraco.dbo.umbracoNode'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
    The statement has been terminated.

All of the above work fine in my local development environment. I'm guessing this has to do with the database not being transferred properly to the server. My webhosting (unoeuro.com) doesn't support database back/restore so I had to use SQL Server export/import wizard (with the identity option on).

Any suggestions what to do?

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Nov 17, 2011 @ 09:11
    Rich Green

Hey Najro,

Something must have gone wrong with your import/export.

The identity key didn't get set correctly in your umbracoNode table, you will need to run the import again.

Rich

Nov 17, 2011 @ 21:52
    Najro

Hi,

I tried doing the import/export operation again (with the identity option on). This time I also deleted all the tables in the destination database before starting the export/import.The wizard completed with no errors, but with one warning:

Warning 0x80049304: Data Flow Task 1: Warning: Could not open global shared memory to communicat

And all of the errors described in my first post remain:

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'id', table 'umbraco.dbo.umbracoNode'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
    The statement has been terminated.

Any other suggestions?

Nov 22, 2011 @ 14:54
    Najro

I ended up getting my webhost to restore my .bak file (the database backup) instead, and it resolved my issues.

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Nov 22, 2011 @ 14:55
    Rich Green

Glad you got it sorted! :)

Rich

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft