Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrik 10 posts 30 karma points
    Nov 20, 2011 @ 20:27
    Patrik

Tickboxes decide what code is outputed

Ok, so I have a few pieces of code that a user need to be able to enter on a page, and it looks like this:

<a class="action people" href="/whatever"><span>Testimonials</span></a>
    <a class="action rac" href="/request-a-call/"><span>Request a Call</span></a>
    <a class="action contact" href="/whatever"><span>Contact Us</span></a>

Now, in order for this to work for the customer (thus, the user creating the page), they need to be able to tick a box for Testimonials, Request a Call and Contact Us, and the above code should be implemented on the page. This, I'm not sure how to do. I tried going into Data Types and defining my own Checkbox list, but all I get to enter is a string, not a piece of code. Besides, the code (if shown in a tickbox-fashion), would not make any sense to the client.

In short, I want the client to simply select which action(s) he/she wants on the page, and be done with it. Also, I'd like (if possible,) to have the client select which href value the Testimonials should have, but not the other ones.

Am I even on the right track with Data Types, or should I start somewhere else?

• Patrik 10 posts 30 karma points
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 04:14
    Patrik

I have solved this by being nudged in the right direction by someone on Stack Overflow.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft