Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jan Vermeerbergen 79 posts 112 karma points
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 11:25
    Jan Vermeerbergen

backend locks at random moments

While working in the umbraco backend, occasionally I start getting the locked screen every few seconds. I have tried making extra user accounts and every developer working on the project logging in through separate accounts (instead of all working on the same admin account), but it's no help.

Anybody knows what could be causing this, and/or is there a way to completely disable the lock screen?

thanks!
    Jan Vermeerbergen

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 11:59
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Jan,

This should be disabled by default in 4.7.1. Are you using an older version?

Cheers,

Richard

Nov 23, 2011 @ 12:03
    Jan Vermeerbergen

Hi Richard,

I'm using 4.7.0 

Does that mean I'm f***ed ?

J

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 12:31
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Jan,

"Now! Now! Have no fear. Have no fear!" said the cat."

There is a package called Disable BackOffice Timeout specifcally for Umbraco v4.7.0 (only!)  If/when you upgrade to a newer version, remember to uninstall that package first. (No worries if you don't, otherwise you'll just need to remove the "Our.Umbraco.DisableTimeout.dll" manually from the /bin folder)

Cheers, Lee.

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 12:38
    Richard Soeteman

Ha Lee already gave you the answer.

Cheers,

Richard

Nov 23, 2011 @ 12:45
    Jan Vermeerbergen

@Lee: Although the screen locks up, it's not really "a timeout". I'm constantly behind the computer and the screen occassionally locks up about every 20 seconds. 

cheers,

Jan

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 12:52
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Jan,

The package is a bit of a hack - it doesn't disable the timeout exactly, it literally comments out 1-line of JavaScript that makes the AJAX call to the server checking your timeout status ... so ultimately the timeout would still occur, but only when you reload the entire screen.

As for getting the lock screen every 20 seconds, it sounds like something else is going on - some questions:

* In your Web.config, what is the value for "umbracoTimeOutInMinutes"? (Default is 20 ... try up'ing this to 200?)

* Could any one else be logging in with the same user/account? As the timeout/logout status is written to the database, there could be some conflict? (that's a guess)

* If you are using Chrome/Firefox, open up a dev console, monitor the AJAX requests, see if they are returning any 500 server errors?

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Cheers, Lee.

Nov 23, 2011 @ 12:53
    Jan Vermeerbergen

Hi Lee,

I'm on Chrome & Firefox, I'll give both a go.

thanks!

J

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft