Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• arvind 18 posts 38 karma points
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 13:45
    arvind

Problem in Embedding HTML 5 Video

Hi Guys,

I am using Umbraco 4.7.0 and embedding a vimeo video using HTML 5 Video by selecting type HTML 5 Video
    in Insert/Edit embedded media from tinymce editor. After successfully publishing when i run it in browsers (IE,Chrome) then video is not getting display although i can select the video area and access the video link on the page.

I have also tried  HTML5 Video package from http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/html5-video.
             It display the video but not playing it (just display a circle in center) while click to play.

I just want to play video in  HTML5 instead of Flash.Is there any support for <video>
            tag in umbraco ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Arvind

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 20:31
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Arvind

When using the package do you then get any script errors in the console? (If you're using firebug in firefox for instance).

And have you made sure that it's not a mime-type problem where IIS can't recognize the mime type etc. by adding the mime-type's of mp4,ogv and webm to the web.config file (if using IIS7).

/Jan

• arvind 18 posts 38 karma points
    Nov 24, 2011 @ 06:02
    arvind

Hi Jan,

Thanks for reply. I did't get any error while installed the package (i am using IE).It was successfully installed and macro for HTML 5 video is created to use.
                 I added mimetype for mp4,ogg and webm video extensions in web.config file but still no luck.

Regards,
    Arvind 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft