Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sushma 12 posts 32 karma points
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 15:56
    Sushma

Problem with package installation

Hi,

I have created some packages to move my website from one umbraco instance to another instance which are of the same version, but i am facing some problems while installing them on the new instance. Here are some of the errors:

1. Maximum requested length exceeded.

What can be the maximum size of a package to get installed ? ( one of my packages is of size 7.9 which is not getting installed becoz of exceeded size)

2. Object reference not set to an instance of an object (System.Nullreference exception)

I don’t know why this error is coming.

Problems:

1. Can we create a package by only , selecting information in the package contents tab without selecting any of the remaining tabs.

I have installed a package in which I have selected the root node which has almost 200 child nodes, but the installation of this package is breaking up in the middle and not allowing it to re-install (showing an error as the key was already defined), where it got installed partially and I don’t find any package in the installed package folder to uninstall.

2. What is the purpose of adding ExamineIndex.config and ExamineSettings.config from the config folder in Package Files tab

3. Do we have a problem if we don’t add files from config , mentiond above.

4. What is the purpose to add <Action runat=”install” alias=”publishRootDocument” documentName=”Home”/>

5. What are the limitations of package, suggest me how to move my website from one instance to another.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sushma

• Michael Latouche 504 posts 819 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 16:06
    Michael Latouche

Hi Sushma,

You might want to have a look at Courier, which is the Umbraco solution for deploying web sites from one server to the other.

http://umbraco.com/products/more-add-ons/courier-2.aspx

http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2011/11/15/courier-25-released.aspx

Cheers,

Michael.

• Sushma 12 posts 32 karma points
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 15:27
    Sushma

Thanks Michael.

Cant we make the same( or partially) with Package as what the Courier do, as Courier is licensed i cant make it now.

Can any file or other, meet my requirement. Please guide me. 

- Sushma

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft