Dec 04, 2011 @ 03:43
    Malte Baden Hansen

Multiple levels of "Public Access"

Hi

I have three memeber groups

SpecificMemberGroupA
    SpecificMemberGroupB

All members are part of the Member, member group
    But only some are part of the other two.

I have a bunch of nodes that are all restricted to users in Member group.
    I want to restrict a few of the nodes to the more specific member groups, but it seems it's not possible to "filter" out members the further in they get.

When i tried allowing the members in one of the speicific groups, without also allowing the "Member" member group. Then i was not allowed to access the content.

I need to be able to filter users based on a number of things, at this stage, only the member group, but are there any other way i could do this, without the public access, or maybe a combination with public access and something else?

Thanks in advance

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 04, 2011 @ 18:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Malthe

What version of Umbraco are you running? It should be possible to achieve what you're asking for above I think...how do you handle the login-process?

If you have a section setup like this, I think you should be able to restrict the access to different kind og member types without any problems.

login (Member A, Member B)
       restricted site 1 (Member A, Member B)
       restricted site 2 (Member A, Member B)
       restricted site 3 (Only Member A)
       Restricted site 4 (Only Member B)

/Jan

• Malte Baden Hansen 61 posts 158 karma points
    Dec 04, 2011 @ 18:29
    Malte Baden Hansen

I don't know what i was doing yesterday, but when i tried doing it again just now, it worked just like you say :)
    Thanks!

• Malte Baden Hansen 61 posts 158 karma points
    Dec 04, 2011 @ 18:32
    Malte Baden Hansen

Are there any alternatives?

At the moment this should work, but soon i will be extending ways of filtering users by groups, and a bunch of other parameters.

I mean, is there somewhere i can inject my own code, to check for permissions?
    I would think i could do something with the membership provider, but I'm not sure.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft