Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kerrie 27 posts 67 karma points
    Dec 14, 2011 @ 13:52
    kerrie

500 error - There is an error in XML document (0, 0)

Hi,

I am using version v 4.5.2 and I have a big issue, pages intermittently seem to be giving a 500 error.  So I have checked the logs and I am getting the following:

Error loading IApplication: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Examine.ExamineManager' threw an exception. ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0). (m:\HostingSpaces\kerrie\lauracranetrust.org\wwwroot\config\ExamineSettings.config line 12) at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProvider(ProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType) at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProviders(ProviderSettingsCollection configProviders, ProviderCollection providers, Type providerType) at Examine.ExamineManager.LoadProviders() at Examine.ExamineManager..ctor() at Examine.ExamineManager..cctor() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Examine.ExamineManager.get_Instance() at UmbracoExamine.UmbracoEventManager..ctor() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache) at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache) at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Application.RegisterIApplications()

I am guessing the two is linked, not sure if this is a cache issue or because this site is on shared hosting or what.

I have no idea how to fix this issue and I am quite a newbie to umbraco.  Any help would be great, thanks!

• Maritza 29 posts 49 karma points
    Nov 14, 2012 @ 14:43
    Maritza

I have the same issue

Please help

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Nov 18, 2012 @ 16:09
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

Are you getting the exact same exception?   If so it sounds like there's some bad XML in /config/ExamineSettings.config - try overwriting it with the one from a default Umbraco install

-Tom

Nov 20, 2012 @ 15:51
    Maritza

Hi Tom

I have this message error that crashes the website:

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       WSC.SSLSwitcher.context_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1403
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +79
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +269

The only thing I have been doing is restarting the website in ISS

Where should I look to make the correction

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Nov 24, 2012 @ 21:22
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

It looks like maybe you have some plugin/extension installed called WSC.SSLSwitcher, and it's erroring out in one of it's methods.  Do you know what that plugin is?  You might be able to remove it temporarily by removing it from the /bin/ folder (probably called WSC.SSLSwitcher.dll).

If you need to do SSL Redirection in Umbraco, there's a great packaged called HTTPS Redirect which handles this nicely.

-Tom

Nov 24, 2012 @ 23:31
    Maritza

Thank you for your reply Tom I will look for the plugin, what will happened if I removed the .dill file?

If the redirect package is install where should I look?

A company build the website and I'm new with Umbraco

Thank you for your support

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft