Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bob Jones 33 posts 54 karma points
    Dec 19, 2011 @ 12:43
    Bob Jones

Where has autoform gone?

Following a video tutorial by Per Hansen - submitting content with an autoform and cannot find the autoform download anyway in the packages repository. Can someone tell me where it is please?

Dec 19, 2011 @ 13:01
    Bob Jones

ok so i find out there is no autoforms anymore, the alternative doc2form doesn't download for some reason and the only remaining alternative is to pay for contour? 

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Dec 19, 2011 @ 13:05
    Per Ploug

Hi Bob

Doc2form is available on it's project page on codeplex: http://umbracoext.codeplex.com/releases/view/5251 , you are correct, that Contour is now the prefered way to generate forms, but we've kept the tutorial online as the package is available and does represent a free alternative to Contour

/per 

Dec 19, 2011 @ 13:47
    Bob Jones

hi Per,

how can i add that package into the tutorial that i mentioned? As I have downloaded the auto form package, only not through the Umbraco Package Repository because it is not available on there..

Dec 19, 2011 @ 13:51
    Per Ploug

On http://umbracoext.codeplex.com/releases/view/5251 there is a Doc2Form Package for V4 link, you can install this as a package under the developer section in Umbraco, choose the "Install local package" option under packages, and you should be able to install the file you downloaded from the link above

(disclaimer: I havn't tested the version listed on codeplex, and am not the developer of that package, so can't really say how it performs on umbraco 4.7) 

/per

Dec 19, 2011 @ 15:52
    Bob Jones

thanks. I am also trying your base tutorial now. my url starts as localhost:4321/ as opposed to the http:umbraco.local... url in you tutorial. I am having trouble typing the correct url to get the base method, any ideas?

Dec 19, 2011 @ 15:54
    Per Ploug

localhost:4321/base/your/method/etc should work, do you get any errors back? depending on your IIS setup, you might need to add .aspx to the url: 

localhost:4321/base/your/method/etc.aspx

/Per

Dec 19, 2011 @ 16:49
    Bob Jones

thanks. and now for the slightly harder tutorials in the same vid - get and create. It would have been useful to get the jquery source code but I have attempted to copy it on eyesight, does it look right?

<script type="text/javascript" src="/umbraco_client/ui/jquery.js"></script>"
      <script type="text/javascript">
        jQuery(document).ready(function(){

jQuery("#get").click(

function(){
            var pageId = <umbraco:Item field="pageID" runat="server" />;
              jQuery.get("/base/Sample/GetPageData/" + pageId + ".aspx", function(data){
                alert("Data loaded: " + jQuery(data).test());
              });
          });

jQuery("#create").click(
          function(){
            var name = "Bilbao";
            var pageId = <umbraco:Item field="pageID" runat="server"/>;
              jQuery.get("/base/Sample/Create/" + pageId + "/" + name + ".aspx", function(data) {
                alert("page created at: " + data);
              });
          });

});
      </script>

It save ok but the screen just jumps up when i click my button, guess there's a problem with the syntax somewhere?

Dec 19, 2011 @ 17:12
    Bob Jones

never mind i have fixed it now. thanks for help per, i am stuck on something else so maybe i will ask you tomorrow!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft