Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul 55 posts 76 karma points
    Dec 20, 2011 @ 03:33
    Paul

Where is the member data stored?

I installed umbraco 4.7.1 with the SQL CE option. I also have Visual Studio 2010 installed and would like to connect to the database containing the Membership information for testing my RecoveryPassword usercontrol [Actually resets the password]

The datasource option from within Visual Studio is Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 (.NET Framework Data Provider for Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5)

I receive an error from Visual Studio indicating this is not a valida SQL Server Compact database file or this file version is not supported by current SQL Server Compact Engine.

What is the name of the Compact database I should be connecting to in order to verify the integrity  of my usercontrol?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 20, 2011 @ 08:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Paul

How are you trying to connect to it right now?

You should be able to see the database by opening the site with webmatrix and then go to the database section.

/Jan

Dec 20, 2011 @ 21:43
    Paul

I have Webmatrix installed but I uninstalled IIS 7.5 Express because I had IIS Manager already installed.

How do I work around this? Or do I need to install IIS 7.5 Express again in order to have WebMatrix work?

Would I have to configure my solution in IIS 7.5 Express after installing it in order to have Web Matrix work?

• Simon Dingley 1471 posts 3428 karma points c-trib
    Dec 20, 2011 @ 22:03
    Simon Dingley

There was a new tool posted on the Visual Studio Gallery recently which may help, I've not had a chance to try it yet but you can find the tool here:

http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/ec14ae60-cc0a-4c8e-a8a3-81dec4730096

HTH, Simon

Dec 21, 2011 @ 03:20
    Paul

Thanks I downloaded a copy of the current version Database.NET v4. Anyone with feedback about the tool?

Is WebMatrix tool the means for moving the content to a hosoted environment when I'm ready?

Dec 21, 2011 @ 11:32
    Paul

How do I add a Microsoft SQL Server CE 4 Data provider /Data source in VS 2010 so I can establish a connection to the umbraco.sdf database from VS 2010?. I have already added the following <system.data> section for SQL CE 4 to the machine.config file and restarted my machine. I have also added a reference to the SQL CE 4.dll but I am unable to see that option in the Change Datasource dialog window

Dec 21, 2011 @ 13:49
    Paul

I had to install VS 2010 SP1 to get this to work.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft