Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Louis 37 posts 59 karma points
    Jan 03, 2012 @ 09:52
    Louis

SQL Error: Error running Reader

Hi,

I've just come back from my Xmas holidays to find this lovely error which I have no clue what it means. The site was working great before the new year, I logged off, shutdown now its a new year the site seems to have a hang over. Does anyone have any suggestions what could have caused this? 

thanks

Server Error in '/' Application.

Error running Reader: 
    SQL Statement:
    select id, domainName from umbracoDomains

Exception:
    System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException: Internal error: SQL Server Compact made an unsupported request to the host operating system.
      at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection.ProcessResults(Int32 hr)
      at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection.Open(Boolean silent)
      at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection.Open()
      at SQLCE4Umbraco.SqlCeContextGuardian.ensureOpenBackgroundConnection(String connectionString)
      at SQLCE4Umbraco.SqlCeContextGuardian.Open(String connectionString)
      at SqlCE4Umbraco.SqlCeApplicationBlock.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlCeParameter[] commandParameters)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 03, 2012 @ 19:38
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Louis

Does the Umbraco log table contain some more hints perhaps?

/Jan

Jan 03, 2012 @ 19:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Whoops, posted to fast there...also intended to ask if you are the only person who's working on the site? And is the site hosted on your own server or are you using a hosting company?

/Jan

• Louis 37 posts 59 karma points
    Jan 04, 2012 @ 09:41
    Louis

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I have the site hosted on my machine locally and just run it there. The database is a sql compact database. I am also the only one who works on the site. I have resolved the issue by copying all the master pages etc, which was not fun. However I would like to know how to fix this issue just in case it occurs again. 

Thanks

Louis

Jan 04, 2012 @ 20:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Louis

Well it's a bit hard to figure out what has happened here since the error message does not quite say it all.

I'm not sure if you perhaps can do some tracing by having a look at the event viewer on the sever?

Yes doing stuff like this manually just sucks I know that feeling - but sometimes that's the only way forward, right? :)

Maybe you should consider doing some daily backups of the site and perhaps use some version control of the code by adding it to a repository hosted on bitbucket.org for instance?

Just some thoughts.

/Jan

• ANSHIT 10 posts 30 karma points
    Feb 01, 2012 @ 13:07
    ANSHIT

i created an application using umbraco. everything is working fine on my localhost but when i am uploading it on the server, it is returning a error saying:

Error running Reader:
    SQL Statement:
    select id, domainName from umbracoDomains.

what could be the problem , all worked well on my local host but not running on server.

plz help if anyone knows this...

Feb 02, 2012 @ 19:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi there

Can you describe how you did the deploy to your server? Did you just copy the whole Umbraco directory from local to server or just some of the files? Have you deployed your database as well? And are you using the embedded SQL CE database or do you run a local MSSQL server express or something like that?

Where is the site hosted?

/Jan

• Md Johirul Islam 37 posts 57 karma points
    Feb 06, 2012 @ 10:48
    Md Johirul Islam

I have same problem I copy my whole Umbraco directory and my database is SQL CE database. have the same problem.............

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft