Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brandon Dobbie 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 03, 2012 @ 22:21
    Brandon Dobbie

How to remove TinyMCE entirely from Umbraco

I am wondering if anyone has removed TinyMCE from Umbraco as its an extremely useless editor, its extremely frustrating trying to configure it to allow even the simplest of valid HTML to be accepted, and to stop from stripping tags. I realize that yes, its doing it for safety purposes, but when a professional developer is the one adding content, I shouldn't have these issues.

Anyways, if anyone can provide some help, and a reasonable replacement suggestion, I would be greatly appeciative.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 04, 2012 @ 09:32
    Jeroen Breuer

Maybe you should read this wiki: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/customizing-the-wysiwyg-rich-text-editor-(tinymce)/allow-any-markup-in-the-tinymce-editor. After this you can do much more with TinyMCE, but it also has more risks since users could add invalid HTML.

Jeroen

• Brandon Dobbie 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 04, 2012 @ 15:27
    Brandon Dobbie

Doing so does not work. I have followed the steps to the letter and tried multiple times. It does not work at all. I am running the latest version of Umbraco as well, so these instructions should work, but don't. I just want to get rid of the editor as there are far better solutions out there.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 04, 2012 @ 15:30
    Jeroen Breuer

Well if you really don't like it you could create a custom datatype which uses another editor. For example have a look at this package: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/markdown-editor.

Jeroen

• xumix 17 posts 109 karma points c-trib
    Sep 13, 2016 @ 07:57
    xumix

Just use Simple Editor datatype

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft