Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• matthew 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jan 10, 2012 @ 10:25
    matthew

Umbraco Repeatable control and should i upgrade umbraco?

I have a bug with the repeatable user control. I noticed other people have experienced this problem.

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/repeatable-custom-content/repeatable-custom-content-v2/11769-Bug-when-two-repeatable-areas-are-on-one-page

We add item 1 and click 'add item' and then 'publish'

We add item 2 and click 'add item' and then 'publish'

We add item 3 and click 'add item' and FORGET to click 'publish'

We add item 4 and click 'add item' and then 'publish'

This is where it goes wrong. It basically does not display item 4 but instead displays item 1 again. 

If we the try to add item 5 it repeats item 2

If we then try to add item 6 it repeats item 3

The only way to resolve this is to detail ALL and start again!!!!

When you add a new item and save it, it looks like it works. However, reload the page, and the most recently added item is a copy of the first item in the list. If you add multiple new items and save, again, it appears to work, but then again, when you reload the page, you get copies of the x first items in the list, where x is the number of new items in the list that you just added.

From looking online it has been suggest to use a different control – Embedded Content Control

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/embedded-content

The current site is running umbraco 4.0. This control requires umbraco 4.5+.

I have attempted so far to upgrade Umbraco to the latest version. Ran the files against the existing database. Database and CMS gets updated ok.

Problems start to arise with parsing xslt on the front end. I have looked at using a conversion tool here.

Other issues occur with differences in dlls between the versions. I can provide more details if you think the upgrade route is the way to go.

Would be great if people could let me know there thoughts on-

1) Is it best to upgrade?

2) If not what would you recomendation on fixing the bug be?

Many thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft