Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sergio Nunes 15 posts 36 karma points
    Jan 15, 2012 @ 22:34
    Sergio Nunes

UserControl and AjaxControltoolkit

I've got the a problem with a UserControl I created. I got a couple of buttons on it, and when the page renders I got an error (see below) than I go back to the developer section and right click the macro / Browse Properties and find this:

System.Web.HttpCompileException (0x80004005): d:\hosting\2060382\html\usercontrols\edSurvey.ascx(103): error CS1061: 'ASP.usercontrols_edsurvey_ascx' does not contain a definition for 'bt1_Click' and no extension method 'bt1_Click' accepting a first argument of type 'ASP.usercontrols_edsurvey_ascx' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.Compile() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) at umbraco.developer.assemblyBrowser.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

The thing is, they are simple buttons, there's nothing special about them, and the definitions are there as well as the methods. I copied the files (*.ascx, *.ascx.cs, *.ascs.designer.cs) to the usercontrol folder and the .dll to the bin's folder.

Any tips?

Thanks

Sergio Nunes

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft