Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anju 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jan 25, 2012 @ 05:32
    Anju

Authentication Issue

Hi,

I have configured my website to IIS and set authentication for the website inside IIS by setting username and password. So once we enter the sitename, username and password will be asked and have to give to enter to our website. But once we set authentiction, we can't able to upload images inside Umbraco contents since it is asking username and password. Once we give the correct username and password also, authentication box is still showing.

How to remove that authentication problem from adding Umbraco contents?

Pls help me ASAP

Regards

Anju

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Jan 25, 2012 @ 06:32
    Rodion Novoselov

Hi. Do you mean "basic authentication"? If so then you need to give "Modify" access to all allowed user to the "~/media" folder.

• Anju 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jan 25, 2012 @ 06:48
    Anju

Yes Basic Authentication. Where this Modify access should be enabled.?

Is it in User Permission?

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Jan 25, 2012 @ 07:17
    Rodion Novoselov

No. You need to grant those permissions to the file system folder. Basic authentication works such a way that it validates the existence of a folder that corresponds to the incoming URL and if such a folder exists then it checks if the anonymous user account is granted access there. If not it sends back a request for login/password. Since working with media files involves direct URLs to the ~/media/ folder that are treated as a static content URLs you need to set proper permissions to the one. And the same thing is true when it comes to ~/umbraco/ and ~/umbraco_client/ folder as well - you will need to grant access to them also.

• Yarik Goldvarg 35 posts 84 karma points
    Jan 25, 2012 @ 08:01
    Yarik Goldvarg

Hi

Follow this steps to resolve you issue.

1. Create dedicateed user for application pool, for example (umbraco)

2. Go to app pool -> Advance Settings->Identity->Change user to new user "umbraco"

3. Go to Sites->Edit Permissions->Security->Edit-> Add new user (" umbraco")

4.Grand Full control.

• toi 10 posts 25 karma points
    Mar 24, 2012 @ 02:21
    toi

Hi 

I found the same problem as Anju but I cannot login through the Umbraco back office. The problem that I met are here:

1. I can use basic authentication for the front end site.

2. When I tried to login to Umbraco back office, even I typed the correct username and password I still face that login page. It did not bring me to the welcome page of back office page.

When I remove the basic authentication and enable anonymous user, everything works fine. But this site we have to allow only some user to access at this moment.

For the basic authentication mode, I tried to add everyone to the root folder of umbraco (which should not do like this) but the result is the same as 2.

I tried to follow instruction from Yarik Goldvarg but it cannot solve my problem too.

Please suggest what should I try next.

Regards,

toi

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft