Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arno L. Kristiansen 43 posts 63 karma points
    Feb 06, 2012 @ 13:52
    Arno L. Kristiansen

Help to tuning my IIS6 running umbraco.

I have installed Umbraco 4.5.2 on a MS webserver 2003 using iis 6 and as a sqlexpress 2005..

My problem is that when a pages is loaded it takes a long time from the users has clickeed on the link to its loaded in the browser.. upto 3-4 sek.... sometimes more..

I have disabled logging on the IIS, and make compress off boths the application files and static files..

But how can I else make this run faster ?? does anybody have any ideers ??

Thanks in advance !

/arno

Feb 06, 2012 @ 13:55
    Arno L. Kristiansen

Oh... forgot to say... I'm using this site as a Intranet solution , soo no access from outside our network ;-(

• Paul Kaplan 86 posts 139 karma points
    Feb 06, 2012 @ 14:01
    Paul Kaplan

Does the slow load happen only the first time, or subsequent times as well?

Have you tried another very simple .NET but non-Umbraco test site on the same server?

What kind of hardware is it running on?

Also, if this is a new installation, why not use 4.7.1.1?  I believe that's the latest V 4 build.

-- Paul

Feb 06, 2012 @ 14:29
    Arno L. Kristiansen

Last first.... the installation is from 1..6.2011.. at that time the newest version was 4.5.2..

Im only running Umbraco on this server, but I have developed some component in .Net that runs as macro under umbraco..

Its in general when I click around on the site... and want to load a pages..

But also in the administration tool... it takes really long time to load a pages contents when ex. an user wants to edit in an article ! 

And when an user wants to save a new article .... it takes really long time (3-5 sek) ... 

Its starting to be a problem now, because the users is getting better at administrating the Umbraco tool and therefore is getting tired to wait for umbraco to finish savning and loading..

.... I will come back with what hardware I'm using ... just have to go to the server room ..

Feb 06, 2012 @ 14:43
    Arno L. Kristiansen

hardware : Xeon Quad Core 3.0 Ghz  CPU    +   3 Gb RAM   +   72Gb disk (redundant)

But I can see on my CPU and Ram that none off this is hevay used...  

I have also tried to set up the timepirode off the cash inside umbraco on the macro's..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft