Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• rioja 3 posts 23 karma points
    Feb 13, 2012 @ 20:03
    rioja

Performance issues & errors, how to fix?

We've had a number of performance issues with Umbraco 4.7.1.1.

First, we had to implement our own output caching (I can live with that) because Umbraco used far too much CPU and too slow.Tthe CPU was pushed to 100% with only 2-3 users on the site.

The second issue is bottlenecks in the code. we've analyized the code and found the culprit to be System.Web.HttpApplication.BeginRequest().

More specifically:
    UrlRewritingNet.Web.UrlRewriteModule.OnAppPostRequestHandlerExecute()
    umbraco.presentation.requestModule.context_PostRequestHandlerExecute()
    We've seen response times of up to 3 minutes. Of course, this is unacceptable.

I'm wondering if we can increase performance by not using URL re-writing? We are Windows Server 2003/II6.

Also, this always happens when getting static resources. png, jpg, css & js files. Not sure if that means anything?

Finally, we are plagued with "Error loading MacoEngine script (file: _NameOfFile_.cshtml)". These are randomand can appear anytime a page has not been served from the output cache. The only thing I can say is we see it more often on our menu, which is at the top of the page, than other macros. We are using Razor script for all macros. These errors can happen anytime and are not related to server load.

I searched Google for the error and noticed that the Google bot has indexed a lot of sites with "Error loading MacoEngine script ", it appears in their site description. This is type of thing I must avoid at any/all cost. Is there any workaround or fix for this?

Any answers/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Ricardo Fiel 35 posts 27 karma points
    Feb 20, 2012 @ 20:32
    Ricardo Fiel

Having the same problem. Symptoms are the same as yours.

Any page that goes thru UrlRewriteModule is 10-20 times slower than others (Umbraco backend and reserved urls).

Still no fix for this, I believe.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft