Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mila 60 posts 79 karma points
    Feb 15, 2012 @ 20:51
    Mila

Differents enviroments to umbraco

Can I have three differents enviroments to umbraco?

I'm going to build a business website and it's going to have three different enviroments, one to production, one to developing and another one to homologation.The production enviroment will be to publish my website and it is going to be in a separate server. The developing enviroment will be used for the programmers and designers, the homologation enviroment will be editable for a second group that will feed the informations in the website, both will be in the same server.

I'm not sure how can I build it.

Can someone help me, please? 

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Feb 17, 2012 @ 18:24
    Dan Diplo

Generally this is achieved by creating copies of your entire site, assets and database and deploying them to different locations.

So you would first create your development environment where you would build your website. Once you are happy with it you would copy it, and the database, to your live environment. You can do this manually (using, say, FTP and database replication tools) or (if you are using V4) you can purchase Courier which will help with deployment. Remember if you do perform a copy to republish your site to refresh the cache.

Your "homologation" (staging?) environment adds an extra complication. Generally the Umbraco workflow means you enter content directly into the live site. If you want the content approved before being published then you don't give your content editors publish permission. That way someone else can approve it before it finally appears "live".

If you really want a separate homologation environment then you would have to set-up a way of replicating and republishing between that and the live. Maybe Courier could help with that, too?

Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:28
    Mila

Hey Dan,

Thank you very much for your help. I will follow your suggestion.

Mila

May 07, 2012 @ 15:14
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft