Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marie 14 posts 36 karma points
    Feb 20, 2012 @ 12:53
    Marie

Media URL issue - environment set up

I'm working with umbraco 4.7.1.1 and I have a problem with the media URLs which relate to the way I have my environment set up. My staging environment where users with publish content has umbraco as a root application and my live environment has umbraco set as a Virtual Directory application. The media urls won't resolve correctly for both environments.

Having looked in the database, the media umbracofile property is stored as "/media/75/..." both within the media contentxml and any references to a media item within the HTML editor.  This is great for my staging environment but my live environment is a Virtual Directory application and images are not displaying as the path stored does not contain the virtual directory. I really need the data to be stored as "~/media/74/..." for me to work across both environments  If I add a media item direct within my virtual directory application then all is OK as the URL is prefixed with the tilde  i.e. "~/media/75/..." but this is not my publishing environment.

The reason I have the environments set up as above is that we going to be using courier to transfer from staging to live and I struggled to get courier to install and run from a virtual directory though updates transferred by courier seem to be received OK by my live Virtual Directory application.

Any help/advice would be appreciated as to whether there's any way to get this to work across both environments.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft