Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mmmoustache 50 posts 79 karma points
    Feb 22, 2012 @ 11:02
    mmmoustache

Media picker thumbs not displaying in the backend after Umbraco upgrade

Hi Everyone,

I have an unusual problem in which a media picker is not displaying its thumbnail in the interface of a content page/node. I've discovered the source of the problem is that Umbraco adds an additional file extension to the file name, causing the image to break; so for example, an image I upload is image.jpg, Umbraco seems to add image_thumb.jpgjpg instead of just image_thumb.jpg, which works fine when I link directly to the file. 

This is all after I manually upgraded the Umbraco version from 4.7.0 to 4.7.1.1 (with which I've had no other problems) and can only assume I haven't updated a config file that needs upgrading or something similar. It's a long shot but I would be grateful if anyone can help me resolve this issue? My media picker sits within a uComponents (v3.0.2) Datatype Grid too. 

When using Chrome's developer tools I receive the error "Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'UmbracoImageViewer'", maybe this is of some help?

Kind Regards,
    mmmoustache

• Greg 6 posts 26 karma points
    Sep 11, 2012 @ 03:51
    Greg

I wish someone had helped you, cause know I have a very simular problem too.

• Nonacc 63 posts 184 karma points
    Dec 03, 2012 @ 13:41
    Nonacc

++; == same problem; Object [object Object] has no method 'UmbracoImageViewer'

HELP?!

• Thomas 66 posts 88 karma points
    Jul 09, 2013 @ 11:29
    Thomas

I found the answer here:

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/ucomponents/questionssuggestions/33006-DataType-Grid-Bug?p=1

Insert a Media Picker in the document type to force Umbraco to load ImageViewer in the Datatype Grid

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft