Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christian Stenfors 80 posts 124 karma points
    Feb 28, 2012 @ 17:40
    Christian Stenfors

UmbracoNodes using db as hotel

Hi,

i have a problem with an Umbraco CMS installation (v 4.7.1).

I was in the middle of sorting some pages in the umbraco backend, when i noticed a "extra" page, that is no longer a part of the website. When i was finish with the sorting, everything was sorted fine. And the extra node/page that should'n be there, was not.

But having a look in the umbraco db, i found the node in the "UmbracoNode" db table.

I have no idea of how or why this node got left behind. And how do i delete, in a proper way?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Feb 28, 2012 @ 21:42
    Jeroen Breuer

This can happen sometimes. I've also had it and I don't know why this is happening, but I simply deleted the row from the umbracoNode table and everything was fine. If it had any dependencies or relations left you wouldn't be able to delete it.

Jeroen

Feb 28, 2012 @ 21:45
    Christian Stenfors

i got some "error" message returned about deleting the item would conflict with some table relations ...

hmm, guess i have to dig around the db to find out what that node still relates to. First glance i could not find any relationship to other content..

• David Conlisk 432 posts 1008 karma points
    Apr 24, 2012 @ 10:27
    David Conlisk

@Jeroen - that worked fine for me, the "ghost" nodes disappeared from the sort dialog and no adverse side effects (yet!)

@Christian +1 for the title of your forum post ;)

Apr 24, 2012 @ 10:29
    Christian Stenfors

@David - thank you :D

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft