Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mila 60 posts 79 karma points
    Mar 20, 2012 @ 14:37
    Mila

Deleting property from doc-type throws exception

I have tryed to delete a document type in my project and I'm getting the follow message:

Error handling action

There was an error processing the request.

The log viewer error shows:

At /umbraco/settings/editNodeTypeNew.aspx?id=1082 (Referred by: http://butao.autotrac.com.br/umbraco/settings/editNodeTypeNew.aspx?id=1082): umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK_cmsPropertyData_cmsPropertyType". The conflict occurred in database "umbraco", table "dbo.cmsPropertyData", column 'propertytypeid'.
    The statement has been terminated.
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters)
    at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters)
    at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.propertytype.PropertyType.delete()
    at umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.gpw_Delete(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I have no idea how to fix it.

Can someone help me, please?

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Mar 20, 2012 @ 14:55
    Rodion Novoselov

Hi. I've already seen something not exactly the same but very similar. That time I defeated it by simply turning on the "cascade delete" option on the FK causing the error. (Yeah, I stand against changing the database, but it just looked like the simplest way and actually you can turn cascade deletion back off right after performing what you need).

• Mila 60 posts 79 karma points
    Mar 20, 2012 @ 15:33
    Mila

Hey Rodion,

Thank you very much. I'll try it.

Mila

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft