Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Faucher 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 21, 2012 @ 18:07
    David Faucher

Non-anonymous Comments using Active Directory

We are porting our current Intranet content to a CMS based framework. Umbraco has been selected.  one of the features requested is Blogging.  We have investigated a coupe of the started kits ad packages, but have noticed they all use the "Name, Email, Comment" format for the comment form.  Even looking at the source code shows a single form layout/option.

Our "sponsors" do not want to allow this type of anonymous commenting.  They want to capture the user information based on the Active Directory account of the current user.  We will be using the AD Membership provider and Windows Integrated Authentication to accomplish the account information capture.

The problem now is this:  How do we enable comments on Blogs (or any other Document Type) that only has a "Name, Comment" layout where the Name field is "read only" / preset with the current user's full name, and the Comment field is free text?

Does anyone know of starter kits/packages that allow this? Do I have any options beyond creating my own user controls or modifying one of the existing comment user controls' forms?

• Jon Boyer 37 posts 59 karma points
    Apr 11, 2012 @ 05:25
    Jon Boyer

You are going to have to write some of your own code.  For an in-house project here I wrote some code that saves the current user's details (from active directory) to a session variable, then used the umbraco bracket syntax to paste that into a hidden form field that got uploaded with the comment.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft