Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike McAllister 7 posts 27 karma points
    Mar 22, 2012 @ 17:45
    Mike McAllister

Failure sending mail.

I'll admit to not being entirely knowledgable of Umbraco, but I have inherited a site with an Umbraco back end. We recently had to move the site so to server compromise and the new server is Window 2008 vs 2003. While I've been able to get everything else running the contact form keeps giving me this error. I've telnetted into the box and confirmed that the SMTP is working and taking anonomous email for the localhost. I have previsously set up this site on 2003 and was able to get it working, Any help here would be appreciated.

• Grant Thomas 291 posts 324 karma points
    Mar 22, 2012 @ 17:51
    Grant Thomas

Please state the version of your Umbraco instance.

This doesn't really sound like an Umbraco issue at all. It sounds like a server setup issue, which you would have had even if this site wasn't Umbraco. Obviously I can't be sure - so, how is the email being sent? Is it a custom .NET User Control, or a Contour action or something?

• Mike McAllister 7 posts 27 karma points
    Mar 22, 2012 @ 18:19
    Mike McAllister

I'd agree with you about it being a server config, but I'm at a loss. The telnet and php mail tests both work.

umbraco v 4.0.2.1

Being sent via a form via .net

SmtpClient Smtp = new SmtpClient();

msg.Subject = "BG.COM EMAIL: A message generated from the BG.COM web site.";
            msg.Body = txtName.Text + " (" + txtFrom.Text + ") has sent the following message.\n\n";
            msg.Body += "SERVICE: " + ddlService.SelectedItem.Text  +  "\n\n";
            msg.Body += "MESSAGE:\n" + txtBody.Text;
            lblStatus.Text = "Sending...";

Smtp.Host = _sEmailHost;
            Smtp.DeliveryMethod = SmtpDeliveryMethod.PickupDirectoryFromIis;

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft