Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brenton Mumford 19 posts 40 karma points
    Mar 24, 2012 @ 16:15
    Brenton Mumford

It's a Zombie! No Document exists with Version '91dd547d-e714-4175-8b5b-7656e522d39d'

Hi, friends,

So, I recently inherited an installation of 4.7, and there's one specific content node that is a zombie. By that, I mean it shows up in the front-end just fine, but when you try and visit it in the backoffice, you get:

Server Error in '/' Application.

No Document exists with Version '91dd547d-e714-4175-8b5b-7656e522d39d'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: No Document exists with Version '91dd547d-e714-4175-8b5b-7656e522d39d'

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentException: No Document exists with Version '91dd547d-e714-4175-8b5b-7656e522d39d']
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.setupNode() +489
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode..ctor(Int32 Id) +36
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.updateLinks() +372
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +4297
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +140
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +480

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

And that's not awesome, because it has some outdated information. I don't know the history of this page, so I can't tell you when the error popped up, but it does share a document type with other working, functional, documents, so that doesn't seem to be the issue. I'd be happy to either whack it for good or unzombify it. No command from the right-click menu allows me to do anything (strangely, the only one that gives me anything besides "no document exists" is audit trail, and that seems to be accurate), and I try and delete it, I get the same "no document exists" message. Strangely, I can create another page with the same name, but the first instance still shows up in the menu, and renders in the front-end. In fact, if I re-sort the nodes and place the new one (with the same name) above the zombie, I still get the zombie in the front-end.

So, you know, Help me kill a zombie?

Mar 24, 2012 @ 16:24
    Brenton Mumford

By the way, if there happens to be a creative solution that doesn't involve getting into the DB that would be ideal, because I'll have to go through about 8 different folks to get there. If that isn't possible, then no worries.

Mar 31, 2012 @ 18:26
    Brenton Mumford

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft