Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John G 7 posts 27 karma points
    Mar 27, 2012 @ 10:52
    John G

Umbraco SQL server Access

I have Umbraco installed locally on my machine and a SQL server 2008 installed on our local LAN. However since I installed Umbraco, the SQL server log shows that Umbraco is trying to access SQL server externally or something related to Umbraco is as there are signs of dynamic IP addresses trying to login SQL Server almost every minute with but failing as there are alot of faioled login attemps. I was using an open port to access sql but since I closed the port from public access I can’t access my templates and document types.

My Question is why is Umbraco  accessing SQL externally from the building when the Umbraco is installed locally on my machine and SQL server is on the Local LAN and my connection string contain an not public IP address.

If it is Umbraco attempting all the failed logins and it does need for some reason to access our SQL server externally from the building then how do I modify the authentication details to prevent the failed login attempt from occurring from external IP address.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft