Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hannes Rahm 28 posts 47 karma points
    Apr 10, 2012 @ 13:32
    Hannes Rahm

Massive memory usage

Hey guys!

I have been banging my head against this problem all day.

One of our larger umbraco sites have recently started to consume tons of memory.
    The w3wp.exe "randomly" starts to grab all memory available. Usually the site runs at around 250-300 mb. When it breaks the site uses up towards 1,5 gigs and 100% cpu. Then IIS dies.

The site has about 3000 nodes and a ton of large images. It has about 4-5k pageviews per day.

I have tried disabling ImageGen, but the problem persists.

Generally the site is super snappy and fast, only gets slow when it "breaks".

Super grateful for any ideas on how to troubleshoot!

Running IIS6 on Win Server 2003. SQL Server Express 2005. 
    Umbraco v 4.7.1.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.4393.24044)

/Hannes

• Hannes Rahm 28 posts 47 karma points
    Apr 10, 2012 @ 15:45
    Hannes Rahm

Seems to have been related to a a couple of (previously unknown) spam comments on our uBlogsy-blog.

Was only a 5-600 on a post, but that was apparently enough to make things spin out of control.

/Hannes

• elio 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 21, 2015 @ 16:39
    elio

Hi Hannes,

I have the same problem. Did you solve it?

Thanks.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 21, 2015 @ 16:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Elio and welcome to our :)

Can you provide more information about your site? It's relevant to know what version of Umbraco you're using, the datbase being used, where it's hosted and if you have been doing some custom inegration using the Umbraco API's and what 3rd party packages you're using.

It would also be nice to know if it's the backoffice that is being slow of if it's the front facing website that is the cause of the memory usage - How many nodes does the site consist of?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft