Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert Valcourt 70 posts 103 karma points
    May 02, 2012 @ 23:30
    Robert Valcourt

umbracoUrlAlias causes site crash if left blank

I added the umbracoUrlAlias property to my doctypes so I can override the default URL. When used, it seems to work fine. But, if left blank, the associate page crashes. Here are some examples.

* I create a new property in the doctype called umbracoUrlAlias as a textstring. Site still works fine.
    * I edit any given page and add a string to the new umbracoUrlAlias textstring. Site still works fine.
    * I edit the same page and remove the string from the umbracoUrlAlias textstring. On save, I get the usual "Error in "/" Application" asp.net error. If I try to edit this page again, same error. Page will no longer load in Umbraco perminently.

Another scenario:

* I create a new property in the doctype called umbracoUrlAlias as a textstring. Site still works fine.
    * I edit a page but don't add a string to the umbracoUrlAlias textstring. On save, I get the usual "Error in "/" Application" asp.net error. If I try to edit this page again, same error. Page will no longer load in Umbraco perminently.

It seems that unless the umbracoUrlAlias field has a string in it, Umbraco dies if you try and save that page. I can make an effect page editable again by performing the following steps:

* Edit umbraco.cinfgi file.
    * Locate XML for broken page
    * Delete the emply <umbracoUrlAlias></umbracoUrlAlias> property
    * Reboot the app pool

As long as I dont try and save the page again while leaving the umbracoUrlAlias field blank, the page will load and be publically available again.

Standard/unmodified 4.7.1.1 installation.

It this a known issue? Can it be fixed? Any workarounds?

Thanx.

• Robert Valcourt 70 posts 103 karma points
    May 03, 2012 @ 02:38
    Robert Valcourt

Typo fix in previous post:

* Edit umbraco.config file.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft