Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• IAMMRBONGO 29 posts 49 karma points
    May 15, 2012 @ 14:30
    IAMMRBONGO

Required either of two media types

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've done any umbraco. I've got a page which needs either a video or an  embedded video to appear on the top of each page. I need to make one media type required, so you either have to have an associated video or image for the top right of each page.

Is there any way of making one or the other a requirement, like you either have to have a movie or a picture.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    May 15, 2012 @ 14:44
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

If you use Digibiz Advanced Media Picker, you can mark it as required and specify a maximum of one media is allowed to be chosen.  You can also limit which media types are allowed to be selected.  You could use a single instance of this rather than have two fields.

HTH,
    Tom 

May 15, 2012 @ 15:19
    IAMMRBONGO

Thanks Tom,

You are a life saver

May 15, 2012 @ 15:29
    IAMMRBONGO

Does anyone know if this package works in umbraco 4.7.2? Don't want to go installing something that screws up umbraco right now. Thanks

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    May 15, 2012 @ 15:30
    Tom Fulton

I've not used in 4.7.2 yet but I can't imagine there would be any issues.  There shouldn't be anything to worry about, if it causes any problems it's simple enough to just remove the DLL from the /bin/ folder :)

-Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft