Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jed 55 posts 80 karma points
    May 28, 2012 @ 11:54
    Jed

Must I really create a new doctype for every different form on my site?

To create a simple email form in Umbraco I must first create a document type, create all the form properties on that doctype, create a page template (because the RTE is so buggy I can't reliably place a form macro on a page), allow the doc type to be created under the node I want it, create a page of that doctype under that node, put the form at the top or bottom of the page (because a form can't be positioned amidst text), then fiddle with the CSS for an hour or two to make it look half decent because the HTML produced looks like somebody coughed it up.

This is laughable. I've been working with Umbraco for years now and the architecture still makes me cry it's so bad. For anyone looking for a new CMS, get something popular based on LAMP, if you don't you'll regret it for years to come. I must have wasted six months of the last two years working round all the deficiencies in dot net and bugs in Umbraco.

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    May 28, 2012 @ 12:30
    Stefan Kip

It's not laughable, there are many ways to do this kind of stuff which are much easier.

For example, there are multiple form packages, like umbraco's own Contour and Axendo's Form Designer.

I really think it's a bad habit to burn down a product if, as it seems from my point of view, you don't know all ins and outs yet.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft