Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Roger 19 posts 57 karma points
    May 28, 2012 @ 16:25
    Roger

Strange Publishing Issue When Using Multiple Domains in One Umbraco Installation

Hi Everyone,

I've come across a strange issue while editing content pages for an Umbraco installation that administers multiple websites (multiple domains)

It seems even if logged in as the main admin, you can edit and publish pages from the URL you are accessing the admin panel through (for instance: http://www.firstwebsite.com/umbraco/).  However, although I can edit and save content for the other sites in this instalation (that are on different domains) clicking 'publish' does not successfully publish the page for any pages in this site (doesn't appear to update)

However, I can simply change the URL I am logged in to the control panel (i.e. change from http://www.firstwebsite.com/umbraco/ ... to http://www.anotherwebsite.com/umbraco/... ) and click 'publish' and it goes ahead fine with all the changes made (including those made while editing the page on the 'wrong' URL as it were - firstwebsite.com).

Has anyone experienced anything like this? This is something we have experienced with one set of sites, but we have not been able to reproduce the issue locally - on our servers it works fine.  Any thoughts, much appreciate!

Many thanks for your help! :)

another website (who's URL is different to the site being edited) 

if you log in through one URL, you can publish pages from that website, however, even as the main admin account, when I publish from the other site

you can although you can edit the content from another site 

May 28, 2012 @ 16:30
    Roger

Sorry everyone, ignore those last three lines from previous post! Only noticed after publishing - tried to edit but getting XS:LT error!

• Pavel Budik 12 posts 71 karma points c-trib
    May 28, 2012 @ 18:37
    Pavel Budik

Hi Roger,

are you using Umbraco v4 or v5? If v4, have you checked the table umbracoLog for errors? Does the App_Data/umbraco_config.xml cache get changed when you publish on firstwebsite.com?

We are too running multiple websites with different domains on one Umbraco v4 instance and have not encountered this error yet. However we have one common domain for backoffice access with SSL certificates, which is different from all the public domains.

May 29, 2012 @ 12:25
    Roger

Hi Pavel,

Many thanks for your help, having checked I can confirm the App_Data/umbraco_config.xml file is getting updated successfully.  (Could it be some kind of caching issue?)  Also thought I should mention this particular installation is running on an Amazon EC2 server (interestingly, we have not been able to reproduce on a locally run one).

Cheers again for your help!

• Kim Hansen 63 posts 144 karma points
    Sep 19, 2012 @ 15:55
    Kim Hansen

Hi Roger

Did you find a solution for this?

Ive got the same problem.

/Kim

• Brian Kristensen 4 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 20, 2012 @ 09:34
    Brian Kristensen

I have the same issue, is there any solution?

• Justin Grimm 56 posts 138 karma points
    Oct 19, 2012 @ 21:27
    Justin Grimm

Same here.  Anyone solve this yet?

• Kim Hansen 63 posts 144 karma points
    Oct 20, 2012 @ 04:12
    Kim Hansen

I have found a solution.

Might not be the best one, but it works.

I altered the umbracoSettings.config

<!-- Enable / disable xml content cache -->
    <XmlCacheEnabled>True</XmlCacheEnabled>

<!-- Update disk cache every time content has changed -->
    <ContinouslyUpdateXmlDiskCache>True</ContinouslyUpdateXmlDiskCache>

<!-- Update in-memory cache if xml file is changed -->
    <XmlContentCheckForDiskChanges>True</XmlContentCheckForDiskChanges>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft