Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Morgan Skinner 4 posts 24 karma points
    May 30, 2012 @ 12:32
    Morgan Skinner

Help - NodeId that does not exist

Hello,

I have customised my Umbraco install and have added an ASP.NET SiteMapProvider (one I've created myself), so that I can use the standard ASP.NET breadcrumb/treeview. Maybe there is a better way to do this in Umbraco but I am where I am and now have a problem.

When I build my sitemap I go from Node (-1), look for its children (there should be only one) and build the sitemap nodes from there on down.

One of my users has (somehow) created a new post that is also, as far as Umbraco is concerned, showing up at the same (root) level. When I iterate through Node(-1).Children I now get 2 nodes and not one, and my sitemap goes bang.

Now my question - I have logging for this precise error in the code, and it's dumping out 'Node 1390' as the problem. I've been through the entire database structure (table by table) and I can't find 1390 anywhere. So, where can I find this phantom node, and how can I delete it?

Nothing useful shows up in the Content tree inside Umbraco, so I can't delete it there. It seems to me that something has not been updated correctly - the document 1390 has been deleted but maybe a reference to it in whatever structure Umbraco uses to build its treeview has been missed. I'm on version 4.7.1.1.

Any ideas?

I have tried an IIS Reset, as it seemed to me that this behaviour was a bit like something stuck in a cache, but that didn't help. Is there anywhere on disk that Umbraco uses as a cache? How can I find this phantom node with an ID of 1390?

Thanks in advance,

Morgan

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    May 30, 2012 @ 14:45
    Anthony Candaele

Hi Morgan,

Have you looked for this node in the umbraco.config file, in the App_Data folder of your website?

greetings,

Anthony

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft