Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Duncan 8 posts 28 karma points
    Jun 14, 2012 @ 12:32
    Duncan

Multi-color menu tabs!

I normally wouldn't post something like this here; but I want to make sure whether or not there is something specific about the Umbraco CMS that might make the task of creating a multi-colored menu bar... different from standard html and css manipulation.

The menu bar code that I'm using is based upon the friendly-ghost theme shipped with Umbraco.

Now the normal method for emplying different colours in a menu would be something like

div # menu ul.rMenu li.page-item-(some number) {background-color: # (whatever);}

<li class "rMenu-expand page-item-(the same number as above)"><a href="(link to whatever site on the menu)"><span> Wording for the particular tab </span></a></li>

And bingo... the (some-number) tab has the (whatever) colour!

-------------------------

However, Umbraco seems to be using a different set-up that is not entirely compatible with the above strategy. Should I be looking at *umbTextpage id   *parentID   *nodeType  ... or something entirely different that I haven't, as yet, noticed?

I believe that nodeName is being used for the wording of particular tabs... should I take it, then, that nodeType refers to the tabs themselves ???

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft