Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sébastien Richer 194 posts 430 karma points
    Jun 26, 2012 @ 22:35
    Sébastien Richer

"Link to document" gets reset to # 4.7.2

Hello,

I have this site with some content, it's still in my staging area, but from time to time, some content get their "Link to document" property reset to "#". This of course breaks the whole site, I think the content nodes get somewhat unpublished but without our consent.

There may be a cause for this I think we had just renamed a document type alias before this issue came up.

Of course "Publishing" the site again fixes the problem (republish does nothing). But now since this site has around 4000 documents (not that much really) when I try to publish everything I get a timeout from my IIS.

Yes I would temporarily change my timeout length to allow for this operation to finish, but I'm wondering what's the deal with this issue and if anyone has had this problem.

Thanks you!

• Sébastien Richer 194 posts 430 karma points
    Jul 03, 2012 @ 17:16
    Sébastien Richer

No one has had this issue? I feel this problem should be quite common / known and it's workaround too. Stuff like this scares my client, specially since their site is about to go up.

Thanks for the help!

Seb

• Paul Hulatt 47 posts 59 karma points
    Jul 04, 2012 @ 19:55
    Paul Hulatt

Hi

We've also had this problem and you're right it occurs when you rename a document type as part of the rename clears the cmsContentXml table and if the rebuild of this table gets interupted then you will end up with an incomplete XML cache.

If this happens in future, you can force Umbraco to rebuild the cmsContentXml table by visiting the following URL on your site:

YOURDOMAIN/Umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true and clicking "republish"

This is from the following page: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/api-cheatsheet/publishing-and-republishing

Please be aware the process may take a while depending on how many nodes your site has.

I know it doesn't really stop the problem, but at least it gives you a quicker way of getting your site back up and running if and when this does happen rather than having to go through a lengthy process of publishing nodes.

Paul

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft