Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sam 47 posts 153 karma points
    Jul 06, 2012 @ 16:12
    Sam

Features that don't work in Medium Trust?

I've had success getting Umbraco 4.7.2 and 4.8beta up and running in Medium Trust using both SQL Server and MySQL. However, I did run across a couple things that didn't seem to work, and I'm wondering what else may be lurking for me down the road.

1. Cannot log in with the AIR Media Uploader application.
    2. Cannot embed Macros via Editor (exception below).
    [SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
       System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
       System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +54
       System.Net.ServicePointManager.set_ServerCertificateValidationCallback(RemoteCertificateValidationCallback value) +67
       umbraco.macro.MacroContentByHttp(Int32 PageID, Guid PageVersion, Hashtable attributes) +1112
       umbraco.presentation.tinymce3.insertMacro.renderMacro_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1294
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +154
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +11439394
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +11438910
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +269
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +167
       ASP.umbraco_plugins_tinymce3_insertmacro_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +9
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +625
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +270

Anyone else aware of other things I should be worried about?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jul 08, 2012 @ 15:47
    Jeroen Breuer

There are some packages which also don't work with medium trust. Don't know which ones though. It is a good idea to start a wiki or something where you can see what doesn't work with med trust.

Jeroen

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 08, 2012 @ 23:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hmm, don't think a wiki is the right place to document what packages does not work, since that section is going to disappear from our in near future and all the documentation (which is still relevant) will be a findable in the documentation section.

But I don't know if this section would be the right place to document, which packages works on medium trust. Perhaps that should be a checkmark option when package creators upload their packages to our, so it clearly states if medium trust i supported or not? (Must admit that I can't remember if this option already exists, since I have unfortunately not been creating a package yet).

Just my 2 cents (sorry for going a bit off topic in regards to the original question - but I find the discussion about making it more clear what packages supports medium trust relevant).

/Jan

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jul 08, 2012 @ 23:31
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Sam,

While best efforts are made to make Umbraco work in Medium Trust - for the most parts it does - we accept there are some parts which just don't work.

In order to pin these areas down, would you be so kind as to raise an issue on the CodePlex tracker?

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/WorkItem/Create

This will help the team to identify the areas we need to focus on.

Thanks, Lee.

PS. I found a biggie last week trying to install Umbraco with MySQL in Medium Trust (default settings) - turned out that Medium Trust doesn't support SocketPermission (which MySql.Data.dll uses) ... so most shared web-hosting enable that option (e.g. a "custom Medium Trust") *fun times* :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft