Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ingen 13 posts 33 karma points
    Aug 03, 2012 @ 07:58
    Ingen

Basic and forms authentication redirect

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, apologies if not! Our staging server is protected by basic authentication, but when you've filled in the username and password you get redirected to the login page even though you were trying to view a page that's not protected by forms authentication.

To give an example, if I go to mystagingurl.com/mysecurepage.aspx I first need to fill in the details in the dialog box for the basic authentication, I then get redirected to mystagingurl.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=mysecurepage. If I then login it takes me to mysecurepage which is all good. But, if I go to mystagingurl.com/myopenpage.aspx it will redirect me to mystagingurl/com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=myopenpage even though I don't have to log in to see that page. Is there a way to change this?

Thanks!

Aug 06, 2012 @ 04:11
    Ingen

Nobody? Or is this the wrong forum for this question?

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Aug 06, 2012 @ 06:01
    Paul Blair

have you tried changing the <authorization> values in the web.config?

Aug 06, 2012 @ 07:06
    Ingen

What should they be changed to?

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Aug 06, 2012 @ 08:42
    Paul Blair

I don't know enough about your solution to suggest what they should be. Try doing some Googling or check out this article: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/301726/Web-config-File-ASP-NET

Aug 06, 2012 @ 08:49
    Ingen

Thanks, I have googled and I am familiar with the web.config, I just thought I'd check exactly what your suggestion was before randomly adding and denying users.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft