Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Removed User 12 posts 32 karma points
    Aug 07, 2012 @ 03:52
    Removed User

Drafts with previous published version suddenly went live

Hey, we had a strange bug happening (and the client tells me this happened a couple of times last year as well). They had some pages in the draft state that had a previous published version which suddenly appeared on the live website. Does anyone know how this might have happened? It's a load balanced environment, I've checked the log but didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I realise I'm not giving you a lot of information, but I don't know where to start looking so let me know if there's any more information you need. :)

Cheers,

Annelie

• Drew 165 posts 340 karma points
    Sep 04, 2012 @ 15:18
    Drew

I've not come across this before. When you say that you saw nothing out of the ordinary in the log, do you mean that there *was* a publish action for that page showing it went live when it shouldn't, or that there was not a log entry?

It could be that they might have rolled back to a version of the page with a "publish at" value set?

Or it could be that a package (or the core?) somehow forced the publish - AutoFolders has been known to do this before due to a couple of bugs.

Actually, was the page shown as published in the back office but available on the front-end of the site?
    (if so, it's probably a cache issue).

Cheers,

Drew 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft