Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert Hughes 87 posts 110 karma points
    Aug 19, 2012 @ 22:38
    Robert Hughes

Random Unpublishing of Node

Random question.

I have a fairly large Umbraco site which is having a very strange problem. Quite often I will come into work on  a Monday and find that one of the nodes of the site has gone and got itself 'Unpublished'. The rest of the site is as per usual but this node just gives us a 404. Looking at the node in the back-office it has its state as unpublished.

There is no reason to suspect human error as there is nothing in the audit trail for the node (I had to manually fix that since Umbraco doesn't log unpublish by default). It has happened 3 times now out of about 5 weekends.

Really strange - I wonder if anyone else has had anything like this? Shot in the dark.

cheers,

Robert

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Aug 19, 2012 @ 23:41
    Paul Blair

Hi Robert,

Are you using an older version of Umbraco? 4.5.2? There was a known bug that if your database was offline for any reason (perhaps during a backup or server restore?) when it was trying to get accessed it would cause all nodes to become unpublished.

A work around for this is to change \config\splashes\nonodes.aspx to something like:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="noNodes.aspx.cs" Inherits="umbraco.presentation.config.splashes.noNodes" %>
    <%@ Import Namespace="umbraco" %>
    <%@ Import Namespace="System.Xml" %>
    <%@ Import Namespace="umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web" %>
    <%@ Import Namespace="umbraco.IO" %>
    <script runat="server">
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            Server.ScriptTimeout = 100000;
            var cacheFile = IOHelper.MapPath("/App_Data/umbraco.config");
            var r = XmlReader.Create(cacheFile, new XmlReaderSettings() {DtdProcessing = DtdProcessing.Ignore});
            var d = new XmlDocument();
            d.Load(r);
            var n = d.SelectSingleNode("//root");
            if (n.ChildNodes.Count == 0)
            {
                Document.RePublishAll();
                library.RefreshContent();
            }
            Response.Redirect("/");
        }
    </script>

This republishes the site if there is no content.

Cheers

Paul

Aug 20, 2012 @ 00:19
    Robert Hughes

Hi Blair - no i don't think it is that issue.

This is on Umbraco 4.7.2 - and it isn't all nodes - it is just one specific node (not the root but the most commonly accessed node).

Is a really weird one - we have plenty of Umbraco sites and this is the first time I have seen it - I assume it is some weird environmental reason causing it - just thought someone else might have experienced a similar thing.

• 0Annabej 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 20, 2012 @ 02:58
    0Annabej

Searching for 2800mah 3.7v 5.6wh forum? 

Extended Battery [url=http://www.everbuying.com/product133905.html]2800mah 3.7v 5.6wh[/url]

replacement for the LG Optimus V. In choosing replacement battery make sure is says it has a integrated microchip to prevent overcharging. If purchasing extended battery that is over sized make sure it has the larger battery cover if needed. There are also extended batteries and backs for the LG Optimus Slider 3600 mAh for about the same price on ebay. Alarm Clock Free - by: HandySoft Inc. market.android.com Battery Widget - by: geekyouup market.android.com Netflix 

LG Optimus Extended Battery replacement life 3900 3600 2800 mah review best help good what to know order Slider Virgin Mobile VM cell phone wireless android 

Sep 17, 2012 @ 20:54
    Robert Hughes

OK - update on this one. After adding some additional logging and notifications into the system we were able to track this down to an individual user setting the 'remove at' property on the node.

So - in conclusion Umbraco wasn't randomly unpublishing the node - good. However there was no way to track that it had been manually unpublished - bad.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft