Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Kahler 36 posts 78 karma points
    Sep 26, 2012 @ 11:15
    James Kahler

Preview invalid character

I have a node within a site than when you preview it give the following error

Exception Details: System.Xml.XmlException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 9, position 48.

Stack Trace: 

[XmlException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 9, position 48.]

System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args) +163

System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseCDataOrComment(XmlNodeType type, Int32& outStartPos, Int32& outEndPos) +5177111

System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseCDataOrComment(XmlNodeType type) +90

System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent() +5185172

System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace) +249

System.Xml.XmlLoader.ReadCurrentNode(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader) +117

System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNode(XmlReader reader) +78

umbraco.presentation.preview.PreviewContent.PrepareDocument(User user, Document documentObject, Boolean includeSubs) +456

umbraco.presentation.dialogs.Preview.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +229

System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25

umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +19

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3064

This is a published page with no changes. I can remove all the content out of this page and it will still give the same error so i'm assuming the error lies else where. I've replaced all the config files with clean versions. Deleted the umbraco.config file. The xml for the page has been run through aml parsers successfully.

What else could be the problem?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft