Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeremy Hillman 4 posts 24 karma points
    Oct 05, 2012 @ 13:28
    Jeremy Hillman

Search problems after renaming prevalues (Umbraco 4.7.1.1 / Examine)

I've renamed a prevalue, and all the pages that had that prevalue selected now appear to have the renamed value selected, in the Umbraco back office.  We also have a search form (Examine) at the front end which allows you to filter using a drop down list of these prevalues - again, the prevalue I edited appears renamed in the list - so far so good...

...But if I use this search form to filter by the renamed value, it doesn't return anything (if I edit the querystring in my browser to match the old prevalue, then all the pages appear).  Only when I re-save and publish an individual page (without making any changes to it) does it appear in the search results filtered by the new pre-value.  I've tried rebuilding the Examine search index but that didn't help.

It seems the index still holds the old pre-value name for a given page until that page is re-published.  Please could someone explain why this is happening and if there is any way to update all these pages in the search index without painstakingly re-publishing every page?

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft