Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Singleton 16 posts 36 karma points
    Nov 07, 2012 @ 13:55
    Matt Singleton

Load Balancing not publishing correctly

I am testing the lb set up for umbraco. I have 4 sites local. server1,2,3,4.mysite.com. DNS all pointing local. So nothing amazing.

Sites 2,3,4 are showing a different page, so I make some changes on server1, preview all ok and save/publish, now when i view server1 it is the same as 2,3,4 instead of 2,3,4 now looking like server1, so it's like it is publishing the wrong way if that makes sense. If I unpublish, server1 then reverts back but 2,3,4 are still incorrect.

Any ideas? Below is the section in my umbracoSettings.config, (all sites ping as 127.0.0.1 and have host headers in IIS)

<distributedCall enable="true">
            <!-- the id of the user who's making the calls -->
            <!-- needed for security, umbraco will automatically look up correct login and passwords -->
            <user>0</user>
            <servers>
                <!-- add ip number or hostname, make sure that it can be reached from all servers -->
                <!-- you can also add optional attributes to force a protocol or port number (see #2) -->
                <!-- <server>127.0.0.1</server>-->
                <!-- <server forceProtocol="http|https" forcePortnumber="80|443">127.0.0.1</server>-->

<server>server1.mysite.com</server>
        <server>server2.mysite.com</server>
        <server>server3.mysite.com</server>
        <server>server4.mysite.com</server>

</servers>
        </distributedCall>

Nov 07, 2012 @ 16:37
    Matt Singleton

Further investigation - I reduced the server list to just <server>server1.mysite.com</server> to test and it is still not working. When i publish it is not writing to umbraco.config file in app_data. If I set enable to "false" then it does.

Nov 08, 2012 @ 13:17
    Matt Singleton

More info on this. if I delete the umbraco.config and restart IIS and publish then the correct info is served. if I then make changes and save/publish again.. it is not updated. Anyone got any idea what so ever as this is doing my head in!!

Nov 08, 2012 @ 13:58
    Matt Singleton

Well I have resolved this... i needed to grant rights to c:\windows\temp directory.... obvious really

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft