Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Morten Christensen 61 posts 215 karma points
    Nov 11, 2012 @ 21:52
    Morten Christensen

Umbraco fields blank after publish

Hi

Something strange has happen to my 4.9 site. Alot of pages have lost all their content, and random fields are now blank. If i fill out my fields again and publish the page, some fields af save and some are blank. If I press publish again, more fields are now blank..

When I press publish, the node icon still have the star on it (node-is-just-saved star), but the pages is published.
    There are no errors in the log.

Anyone know something about this? I lost alot of content..

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 11, 2012 @ 22:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Morten

That sounds really odd - has something weird been going on on the server? Or does anyone else than you have access to the backoffice?

Regarding the * star issue it's a known bug, which is fixed in 4.9.1 so I suggest you do an upgrade to get rid of that bug. It's a weird bug since it's kinda random...sometimes you can save and publish just fine and sometimes that damn star icon appears.

/Jan

Nov 12, 2012 @ 11:32
    Morten Christensen

Hi Jan,

I'm the only one who has access to umbraco, and the server. I can see in audit trail, that nothing has happened.

I just did an iis reset, and it seems to have fixed it.. But I have no idea why this happened. Could it be some problems with the cached xml file?

I'll update right away, and come back with and update.

Thanks, Morten

Nov 12, 2012 @ 19:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Morten

Ok, so all the data was still intact in Umbraco backoffice?

Then it's just a matter of right clicking the "Content" root node and choose "Republish entire site" in order to populate the XML cache.

Looking forward to hearing about the upgrade procces :)

/Jan

Nov 12, 2012 @ 20:35
    Morten Christensen

Hi Jan,

No I lost a lot of data, and some fields got data from other fields.. This is very strange.
    Some midia picker fields have data from content nodes, and some text fields have content from other node fields.

After updating to 4.9.1 I can now save properly again (and the star is gone).

I have backup, so the damage is not that big. But it is very very strange :)

/Morten

• Sundance 12 posts 52 karma points
    Mar 22, 2013 @ 00:11
    Sundance

I know it's been a few months from the last post here. Morten, what Packages do you have? did you upgrade from older versions? I've had this same issue a few times. Have not been able to figure out exactly what it is. I'm currently on 4.7.1 but have been upgrading it from 4.0.

Mar 23, 2013 @ 13:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sundance and welcome to our :)

What upgrade path did you follow?

And what packages are you using in your installation?

Does the umbracoLog table give any hints?

/Jan

• Sundance 12 posts 52 karma points
    Mar 24, 2013 @ 22:11
    Sundance

The umbraco log hadn't helped in the past. It just showed the nodes were published. We had upgraded from 4.0 to 4.5 to 4.7.1, still using the old legacy schema. This last time it happened to about 10-15 different nodes under a copule parent nodes and after someone had entered invalid characters into the content section and didn't notify anyone they had recieved that error and a while later IIS was restarted and it went boom. Packages are Unversion, Contour, ImageGen, PDCalendar, F.A.L.M. Housekeeping, Contour Memeber Controls, and Axendo ultimate picker xpath.

This same install has been active from the beginning of 4.0 and we have added about 35+ domains with approx 150k+ nodes. It is in dire need of some major ceanup and fine tuning, but we run on a tight media scehdules and currently I'm the only developer and have been for some time. In a few weeks I'm going to be upgrading to 6.1

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft