Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert Hughes 87 posts 110 karma points
    Nov 12, 2012 @ 04:29
    Robert Hughes

Back-office Search No-Results

This issue is driving me crazy - wonder if anyone has had a similar thing.

The back-office search works fine locally. Once I put the site up onto our test server I just get zero results. I have tried deleting the examine indexes and restarting the site etc. but still no dice.

Is there any way of diagnosing this issue perhaps?

Using Umbraco 4.9.1

cheers,

Robert

• Robert Hughes 87 posts 110 karma points
    Nov 14, 2012 @ 22:45
    Robert Hughes

OK - will answer myself - kind of.

Not sure why my index was screwy even after physically deleting it but none the less.

What I had to do was add a wee page which explicitly rebuilt the index. I stole the code from an umbraco package which no longer works with Umbraco but thanks anyway package designer. This would be nice if it was a part of the developer section of Umbraco.

• Sean 10 posts 30 karma points
    Jan 08, 2013 @ 23:00
    Sean

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but there is a free package you can use that will let you rebuild indexes on a button click:

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/examine-dashboard

It's very helpful in my opinion. We use it for a few websites at my job, and it does the trick.

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    Jun 25, 2013 @ 23:46
    Jon Dunfee

I don't get any results for anything in either environment for v6.1.1.  I can't use Examine Dashboard, so I've deleted the contents of the temp folder and republished the root node with continued dissappointment.  Anyone else having issues with Back Office search in v6?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft