Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric Patton 21 posts 51 karma points
    Nov 13, 2012 @ 19:09
    Eric Patton

4.10 Error when using Rollback

I'm getting an exception when I try to right click a node and rollback. It happens after I select an earlier version and then actually try to perform the rollback. It gives this Exception and Stack Trace:

There are more columns in the INSERT statement than values specified in the VALUES clause. The number of values in the VALUES clause must match the number of columns specified in the INSERT statement.
    [SqlException (0x80131904): There are more columns in the INSERT statement than values specified in the VALUES clause. The number of values in the VALUES clause must match the number of columns specified in the INSERT statement.]
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +404
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() +412
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1363
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +6312253
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +6313986
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +538
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) +689
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +327
       Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +167
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +170
    [SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery]
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +371
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.RollBack(Guid VersionId, User u) +960
       umbraco.presentation.dialogs.rollBack.doRollback_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +322
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +154
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3691

If I close the rollback window and then try right clicking that same node and selecting rollback again, I get this exception:

No Document exists with Version '30d548dd-360a-4dd9-af2f-f58ae95d89af'

[ArgumentException: No Document exists with Version '30d548dd-360a-4dd9-af2f-f58ae95d89af']
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.setupNode() +736
       umbraco.presentation.dialogs.rollBack..ctor() +89
       __ASP.FastObjectFactory_app_web_rollback_aspx_10695ae8_izlfi3gj.Create_ASP_umbraco_dialogs_rollback_aspx() +29
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp) +174
       System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +42
       System.Web.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +490
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +371

Does anyone have any ideas on what may be happening? I noticed a thread about a year ago where someone had a similar problem for nodes that didn't have a template associated with them, but this is affecting all of my nodes regardless of if they have a template or not.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 13, 2012 @ 20:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Eric

What database are you running? Is it CE SQL or MSSQL?

I think this should perhaps be reported as a bug on the issue tracker.

/Jan

Nov 14, 2012 @ 16:46
    Eric Patton

Hi Jan,

I'm using MSSQL for my database

Nov 16, 2012 @ 23:21
    Eric Patton

I tried installing two umbraco 4.10 sites on two different computers in addition to this site that I already have, and they are all giving this same exact error. Is anyone else having this issue, or does anyone know a solution to this?

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Nov 17, 2012 @ 11:09
    Stephen

Reproduced on a fresh 4.10 running on SQLCE.That will be issue http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1210.

Nov 17, 2012 @ 14:32
    Stephen

A fix has been comitted into 4.11.0.

• Edwin van Koppen 156 posts 270 karma points
    Nov 28, 2012 @ 09:13
    Edwin van Koppen

I have 4.11 but still the samen problem?

Nov 28, 2012 @ 09:17
    Stephen

Can you check again that you are actually running 4.11, and post a stacktrace of the error?

Nov 28, 2012 @ 12:22
    Edwin van Koppen

I did a manual update..

Server Error in '/' Application.

There are more columns in the INSERT statement than values specified in the VALUES clause. The number of values in the VALUES clause must match the number of columns specified in the INSERT statement.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: There are more columns in the INSERT statement than values specified in the VALUES clause. The number of values in the VALUES clause must match the number of columns specified in the INSERT statement.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): There are more columns in the INSERT statement than values specified in the VALUES clause. The number of values in the VALUES clause must match the number of columns specified in the INSERT statement.]
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +1753346
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +5295154
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +242
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) +1682
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +269
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) +1325
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) +175
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) +205
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +160
       Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlConnection connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +56
       Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +78
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.SqlServer.SqlServerHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, SqlParameter[] parameters) +18
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +80

[SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery]
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +200
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.RollBack(Guid VersionId, User u) +567
       umbraco.presentation.dialogs.rollBack.doRollback_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +232
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +9553594
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +103
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +35
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1724

Nov 28, 2012 @ 15:39
    Stephen

The exception takes place in a ExecuteNonQuery() call from within RollBack().The query would be an

INSERT INTO ... (field1, field2...) values (value1, value2...)

Where the number of supplied values would be different from the number of inserted fields.

There are only two such queries in RollBack() and I just checked them carefully and in 4.11 they have the very same number of values and fields. I really can't see what's causing the issue on your side other than your DLLs not being up-to-date.

Can you check again that you are indeed running the 4.11 code and not 4.10?

Stephan

• Mike Olund 45 posts 66 karma points
    Nov 29, 2012 @ 08:03
    Mike Olund

I'm getting the same error with 4.9.1

This is the query that I got from SQL profiler:

exec sp_executesql N'insert into cmsDocument (nodeId, published, documentUser, versionId, updateDate, Text) values (1351, 0, 2, @versionId, @text)',N'@versionId uniqueidentifier,@updateDate datetime,@text nvarchar(16)',@versionId='7C8AE0ED-6A71-4977-BE96-013AD5EEB38C',@updateDate='2012-11-28 22:51:12.333',@text=N'My Page'

Nov 29, 2012 @ 08:08
    Stephen

@Mike: the error has been confirmed in 4.9.1 and fixed in later releases.

• Matt Singleton 16 posts 36 karma points
    Nov 29, 2012 @ 11:31
    Matt Singleton

Ok.. So I had the same problem, I have updraded to 4.11.1 but i still have the erroring pages in content. How do I delete them or now roll them back??

scrap that... the upgrade has killed everything!!

Nov 29, 2012 @ 11:35
    Edwin van Koppen

@Matt, i think what he said earlier, we didn't upgrade good.. check your upgraded files.

Nov 29, 2012 @ 12:28
    Matt Singleton

Ok I have managed to get umbraco working but it has killed Courier..

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Repository.get_Provider()
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Repository.(XmlNode settingsXml)
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Storage.RepositoryStorage.GetAll()
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.CommitItem.OnInit(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    Nov 29, 2012 @ 13:44
    Stephen

The usual issue is that the failed rollback has left the document in an inconsistent state in the database, which can cause all sorts of issues. Bit hard to explain here how to cleanup...

Nov 29, 2012 @ 13:46
    Matt Singleton

I have managed to sort the documents by changing them and updating them and then rolling back works and i can then delete them. The problem is it has stopped Courier working.

Nov 30, 2012 @ 13:29
    Edwin van Koppen

again updated to 4.11 but now i get a error when looking at a document type

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.MasterPageHelper.GetFilePath(Template t) +29 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.MasterPageHelper.GetFileContents(Template t) +21 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.setupNode() +247 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode..ctor(Guid uniqueID) +179 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.GetAllAsList() +226 umbraco.settings.EditContentTypeNew.bindTemplates() +20 umbraco.settings.EditContentTypeNew.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +179 System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +92 umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +14 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft