Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jose Cerqueiro 25 posts 84 karma points
    Nov 13, 2012 @ 21:54
    Jose Cerqueiro

503 Service Unavailable response for 4.10 empty website

Hi all,

After finishing a clean install I tested the site's root url. Instead of the usual "no content published yet" page I get a 503 error message "The service is unavailable". Back-end is Ok

However, the same request from inside the hosting server, works as expected.

Best regards

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 13, 2012 @ 22:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi jac

Can you tell us a bit more about your setup? Sounds like you have a remote server with Umbraco setup on, which you can access the empty page just fine but when trying to connect from another machine you get the 503 error - is that correct?

/Jan

• Jose Cerqueiro 25 posts 84 karma points
    Nov 13, 2012 @ 23:31
    Jose Cerqueiro

Hi Jan, that's correct !!

The site doesn't have any content published yet.

When requesting the root url from within the server I get the expected page "/config/splashes/noNodes.aspx"

From any other machine I get the error.

• David MacCrimmon 5 posts 25 karma points
    Nov 14, 2012 @ 01:21
    David MacCrimmon

I am seeing the exact same issue here. I've set up a clean install of 4.10 on my windows azure virtual machine I'm using SQL CE at the moment just to test. Running locally to the server I get the no nodes page. If I try from my PC I get "The service is unavailable."

I tried setting up a simple page in umbraco with just a hello world on it which worked. However I'd still like to find out what's going wrong. Just encase there is something more sinister at play.

Worth mentioning the error message doesn't look the same as a normal IIS generated 503 error and there are no entries in the event viewer.

Thanks,
    Dave.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft