Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevin 37 posts 57 karma points
    Nov 20, 2012 @ 11:59
    Kevin

The two Tag Cloud Problems in Umbraco 4.10.1

In the Umbraco 4.9.1, the tag cloud doesn't work because the programs don't save the tags. This issue still existed in the Umbraco 4.10.1. I ever solved this problem by installing the package Open Calais Autotag. However, once I install this package in the Umbraco 4.10.1, I got the following error message:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.11.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
    It seems the package Open Calais Autotag is not compatible with Umbraco 4.10.1. So I had to uninstall the package and tried to use the original datatype named Tags. Yet the old problems still existed. I could not save the tags by it. As a result, I could not find any solution for the tag cloud in Umbraco 4.10.1.
    Does any have a good solution for it? Thanks.

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Nov 20, 2012 @ 12:03
    Stephen

Or maybe the Autotag package that you want to use depends on log4net and since now Umbraco also uses log4net, there's a version conflict? Check that you have log4net DLLs in ~/bin. If that's the case then you need to configure binding redirects in web.config (Google for it) so that both Umbraco and the package are happy with the available version of log4net.

• Kevin 37 posts 57 karma points
    Nov 20, 2012 @ 14:42
    Kevin

Stephen, thanks.

I tried to add the following code to the web.config:

<dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentityname="log4net"publicKeyToken="1b44e1d426115821"culture="neutral"/><bindingRedirectoldVersion="0.0.0.0-1.2.10.0"newVersion="1.2.11.0"/></dependentAssembly>

This is the article I referred: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8743992/how-do-i-work-around-log4net-keeping-changing-publickeytoken

The problem is that the publicKeyToken of the two versions are different, so I downloaded the new assembly with the old key and replace the dll with the downloaded one. I found it didn't work either.

In addition, I just installed the packages named TagManager and Sniper Systems Tags Control. TagManger could not be installed in the Umb 4.10.1 and Sniper Systems Tags could install but could not add new tags properly.

• Gary 8 posts 28 karma points
    May 29, 2013 @ 02:01
    Gary

I am getting the same error when installing the Open Calais Auto Tag package v2.2.4 into an Umbraco 6.0.5 environment.  I would be interested in knowing if anyone has a final solution to this problem?

Thanks
    Gary

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft